OPEN PTA POSITIONS
Parliamentarian Advises the Executive Board and members on matters of parliamentary procedure. Serves as a consultant, especially in a meeting, where only the chair has the authority to rule on questions of order or to answer parliamentary inquiries. This is a voting position so attendance to all officer, Executive Board and General PTA meetings are required.
- Maintains copies of current governing documents - bylaws, standing rules, policies and parliamentary authority.
- Provides guidance to members and board members on issues outlined in governing documents.
- Ensure your Local PTA meets all requirements of the Standards of Continuing Affiliation.
- Confer with president prior to the meeting regarding business items on the agenda.
- Advises the president on points of parliamentary procedure.
- Maintains a position of impartiality and does not make motions, enter debate or vote
Council Delegate is a voting position so attendance to all Executive Board meetings are required.
- Attend all Council PTA regular meetings or see that an alternate attends instead.
- Represent the Local PTA as a voting member of the Council PTA body.
- Participate in all Council PTA discussions and deliberations. Each delegate (or alternate, if the delegate is not in attendance) is entitled to make motions, debate and vote at each Council PTA meeting.
- Take careful notes of announcements and the program at the Council PTA meeting.
- Seek information or ask approval from Local PTA members on matters affecting local units (your school). Report and/or vote accordingly at the Council PTA meeting.
- Post announcements of Council PTA activities on the BBE PTA website.
Historian is a voting position so attendance to all Executive Board meetings are required.
- The historian prepares and updates a record of the activities and achievements of the PTA and makes
historical facts available on request to the membership.
- The historian’s formal, written report is the official history, presented and adopted at the annual membership meeting and filed with the minutes. It is a summary of all the PTA’s activities for that fiscal year
- This is a board/voting position, so you MUST attend monthly Executive Board Meetings.
- Serve as a liaison between your PTA and the community regarding health-related issues.
- Create opportunities for parent engagement and education that fit our local needs, using local assets (parents, businesses, nonprofits) as well as Texas PTA and National PTA resources.
Apr 5 - Pre-registration for Kindergarten opens
Apr 5 - April 23 - SIP Application window
Apr 6 - 4th grade Writing STAAR F2F & virtual
Apr 26 - Kindergarten Round-Up 5:30 pm
Apr 26 - May 5 - Boosterthon
May 11 - 3rd, 4th & 5th grade Math STAAR paper testers F2F & virtual
May 12 - 3rd, 4th & 5th Reading STAAR paper testers F2F & virtual
May 13 - 5th grade Science STAAR F2F & virtual
May 18 - 5th grade Math STAAR online testers F2F & virtual
May 19 - 5th grade Reading online testers F2F & virtual
May 21 - Super Kids Day
May 28 - 5th grade event
Please view the volunteer tab for more information and to sign up!
2020-2021 Memory Book
PRICE INCREASE JANUARY 10th
5th Graders may purchase a “Student Ad” for $15 or a “Shout Out” for $5
The ads and shout out are for 5th Grade ONLY
THIS YEAR WILL BE MEMORABLE GET YOUR BOOK WHILE THEY LAST!
Please share your BBE photos with the Yearbook. Here are the ways to share photos:On the grade level or BBE PTA facebook pages, e-mail them to email@example.com please include the grade level of the student, and on the Balfour Image Share App. Once the app is downloaded on your phone or device create a username and password to upload photos, the project number 102164.
Volunteers of the Month
We are so thankful for our volunteers!
High School Senior Scholarship
Applications for the PTA Scholarship are available under the tab "Our PTA".
All applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. April 14.