The Bear Branch Elementary PTA provides scholarships each academic year for two graduating high school seniors who attended Bear Branch Elementary and will graduate from an Humble ISD high school. The amount of the first place scholarship is $1,000 and $500 for second place.
To support students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education and who have been involved in community service. In evaluating each application, the Scholarship Committee will also consider participation in school activities and scholastic merit.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a high school in Humble ISD.
- Applicant must have attended Bear Branch Elementary for any amount of time.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent (letter of verification required).
- Applicant or applicant’s parent/guardian must be a member of a local PTA/PTSA in good standing (signature from current PTA/PTSA president or membership chair verifying membership).
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled full-time in an accredited college, university, or technical institute.
- Applicant must not be in the immediate family of a BBE Scholarship Committee member.
- Applicant must email completed application and required paperwork to Elizabeth Randolph, Scholarship Chairperson, at Parliamentarian@bbepta.com by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 23, 2023. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, the application must be accompanied by the following:
- Essay: A typewritten, double-spaced 250-300 word essay describing how a PTA event or program inspired you or directed you toward a character trait that evolved in you, volunteer opportunities that you were involved in, or your chosen career path. Some BBE PTA events include Red Ribbon Week, Art Masterpiece, Reflections, Bike Rodeo, Beautification, Everybody Counts, Memory Book Club, Science Lab, or Veteran’s Day. See the rubric for how the committee will score the essay.
- Activities: List at least three extracurricular activities during your high school years that you are most proud of, with a brief description of why you selected each. These activities may include, but are not limited to, work experience, awards, community involvement, and special honors/recognitions.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or principal from your current high school.
- Photo: A recent photo.
SELECTION AND APPLICATION
The BBE PTA Scholarship Committee will review applications, and the recipient will be notified and honored at the BBE Senior Celebration for the Class of 2023 graduates.
The scholarship will be awarded to the individual, with payments made directly to the educational institution. The applicant chosen to receive the scholarship award must submit a copy of their letter of acceptance from the educational institution, along with the institution’s business address, to the Scholarship Committee. Upon receipt, a check made payable to the institution will be sent to the institution. All entries submitted will become the property of the BBE PTA and will not be returned. Contact Elizabeth Randolph at Parliamentarian@bbepta.com with questions.
PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES