The Bear Branch Elementary PTA provides funding each academic year for a scholarship for three graduating high school seniors who attended Bear Branch Elementary: one for $1,000 and two for $500 each.
To support students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education and who have been involved in community service. In evaluating each application, the Scholarship Committee will also consider participation in school activities and scholastic merit.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a high school in Humble ISD.
- Applicant must have attended Bear Branch Elementary at some point during their elementary years.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent (letter of verification required).
- Applicant or applicant’s parent/guardian must be a member of a local PTA/PTSA in good standing (signature from current PTA/PTSA president or membership chair verifying membership).
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled full-time in an accredited college, university, or technical institute.
- Applicant must not be in the immediate family of a BBE Scholarship Committee member.
- Completed application and required paperwork must be delivered to Bear Branch Elementary School, 3500 Garden Lake Drive, Kingwood, Texas 77339 by Wednesday, 15 April.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, the application must be accompanied by the following:
- Essay: A typewritten, double-spaced 250-300 word essay describing how a PTA event or program inspired you or helped you choose a career path. Some BBE PTA events include Red Ribbon Week, Fall Fest, Art Masterpiece, Reflections, Bike Rodeo, Beautification, Everybody Counts, Memory Book Club, Science Lab, or Veteran’s Day. See the rubric for how the committee will score the essay.
- Activities: List at least three extracurricular activities during your high school years that you are most proud of, with a brief description of why you selected each. These activities may include, but are not limited to, work experience, awards, community involvement, and special honors/recognitions.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or principal from your current high school.
- Photo: A recent photo no larger than 2.5” x 3” glued, not stapled, to the application.
SELECTION AND APPLICATION
The BBE PTA Scholarship Committee will review applications, and the recipients will be notified before the Senior Tea at BBE, where they will be honored.
The scholarship will be awarded to the individuals, with payment made directly to the educational institution. Applicants chosen to receive the scholarship awards must submit a copy of their letter of acceptance from the educational institution, along with the institution’s business address, to the Scholarship Committee. Upon receipt, a check made payable to the institution will be sent to the student.
Deadline for applying is 4 p.m. on Wednesday, 15 April. All entries submitted to the Scholarship Committee will become the property of the BBE PTA and will not be returned. Contact the Scholarship Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
January 13: PTA Executive Meeting
January 18: No School
February 8-12: Winter Break- NO School
February 15: Student Holiday- NO school/ Staff workday
February 17-26: Boosterthon Fundraiser
February TEACHER APPRECIATION: Share the Love!
2/1- Return card with note of kindness for teacher, classmate, or staff member for "All you need is love" bullentin board.
2/19-Sweetheart Breakfast- Please see the genius under volunteer opportunities to sign up to bring a treat!
Please view the volunteer tab for more information and to sign up!
2020-2021 Memory Book
PRICE INCREASE JANUARY 10th
5th Graders may purchase a “Student Ad” for $15 or a “Shout Out” for $5
The ads and shout out are for 5th Grade ONLY
THIS YEAR WILL BE MEMORABLE GET YOUR BOOK WHILE THEY LAST!
Please share your BBE photos with the Yearbook. Here are the ways to share photos:On the grade level or BBE PTA facebook pages, e-mail them to email@example.com please include the grade level of the student, and on the Balfour Image Share App. Once the app is downloaded on your phone or device create a username and password to upload photos, the project number 102164.
Volunteers of the Month
We are so thankful for our volunteers!