The Bear Branch Elementary PTA provides scholarships each academic year for two graduating high school seniors who attended Bear Branch Elementary and will graduate from an Humble ISD high school. The amount of the first place scholarship is $1,000 and $500 for second place.
To support students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education and who have been involved in community service. In evaluating each application, the Scholarship Committee will also consider participation in school activities and scholastic merit.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from a high school in Humble ISD.
- Applicant must have attended Bear Branch Elementary at some point during their elementary years.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent (letter of verification required).
- Applicant or applicant’s parent/guardian must be a member of a local PTA/PTSA in good standing (signature from current PTA/PTSA president or membership chair verifying membership).
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled full-time in an accredited college, university, or technical institute.
- Applicant must not be in the immediate family of a BBE Scholarship Committee member.
- Applicant must email completed application and required paperwork to Tammy Spijkerman, Scholarship
Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 14, 2021. Incomplete or late
applications will not be considered.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, the application must be accompanied by the following:
- Essay: A typewritten, double-spaced 250-300 word essay describing how a PTA event or program inspired you or helped you choose a career path. Some BBE PTA events include Red Ribbon Week, Fall Fest, Art Masterpiece, Reflections, Bike Rodeo, Beautification, Everybody Counts, Memory Book Club, Science Lab, or Veteran’s Day. See the rubric for how the committee will score the essay.
- Activities: List at least three extracurricular activities during your high school years that you are most proud of, with a brief description of why you selected each. These activities may include, but are not limited to, work experience, awards, community involvement, and special honors/recognitions.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or principal from your current high school.
- Photo: A recent photo.
SELECTION AND APPLICATION
The BBE PTA Scholarship Committee will review applications, and the recipient will be notified and honored at the BBE Senior Celebration for the Class of 2021 graduates.
The scholarship will be awarded to the individual, with payments made directly to the educational institution. The applicant chosen to receive the scholarship award must submit a copy of their letter of acceptance from the educational institution, along with the institution’s business address, to the Scholarship Committee. Upon receipt, a check made payable to the institution will be sent to the student. All entries submitted will become the property of the BBE PTA and will not be returned. Contact Tammy Spijkerman at email@example.com with questions.
Apr 5 - Pre-registration for Kindergarten opens
Apr 5 - April 23 - SIP Application window
Apr 6 - 4th grade Writing STAAR F2F & virtual
Apr 26 - Kindergarten Round-Up 5:30 pm
Apr 26 - May 5 - Boosterthon
May 11 - 3rd, 4th & 5th grade Math STAAR paper testers F2F & virtual
May 12 - 3rd, 4th & 5th Reading STAAR paper testers F2F & virtual
May 13 - 5th grade Science STAAR F2F & virtual
May 18 - 5th grade Math STAAR online testers F2F & virtual
May 19 - 5th grade Reading online testers F2F & virtual
May 21 - Super Kids Day
May 28 - 5th grade event
Please view the volunteer tab for more information and to sign up!
2020-2021 Memory Book
PRICE INCREASE JANUARY 10th
5th Graders may purchase a “Student Ad” for $15 or a “Shout Out” for $5
The ads and shout out are for 5th Grade ONLY
THIS YEAR WILL BE MEMORABLE GET YOUR BOOK WHILE THEY LAST!
Please share your BBE photos with the Yearbook. Here are the ways to share photos:On the grade level or BBE PTA facebook pages, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org please include the grade level of the student, and on the Balfour Image Share App. Once the app is downloaded on your phone or device create a username and password to upload photos, the project number 102164.
Volunteers of the Month
We are so thankful for our volunteers!
High School Senior Scholarship
Applications for the PTA Scholarship are available under the tab "Our PTA".
All applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. April 14.