Deadline for entries: 31 October by 4:00 p.m.
Entry forms are in the BBE front office or you can click here.
For rules, click here.
Reflections is a National PTA sponsored arts recognition program that encourages artistic expression. The Reflections theme for 2017–18 is “Within Reach.” Reflect on the theme to create a film, song, artwork, photograph, poem, short story, or dance routine. You may enter as many times as you like in as many categories as you like. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form. Be sure to reflect the theme in your work.
**Everyone is invited to participate, even though the PTA website says that the student or at least one person in their household must be a member. They have recently changed that requirement, but haven't updated their website.
- Literature – Fiction or nonfiction, prose, poetry, drama, or short story (must not exceed 2,000 words or 8 ½ x 11 inches)
- Visual Arts – Original print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work, or computer-generated artwork (must be flat, not more than 3/8 inches thick, maximum size 24 x 30 inches including a mat)
- Photography – Original black-and-white or color image, single print or collage (maximum size 11 x 14 inches including a mat)
- Musical Composition – Voice, instruments or a combination of both, with or without lyrics (maximum time 5 minutes, a CD recording of a performance of the composition should be submitted.)
- Dance Choreography – Original dance choreographed by the student with up to 3 dancers. (maximum time 3 minutes, should be submitted on a CD or DVD)
- Film Production – Original work, animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, computer-generated (no PowerPoint, maximum time 5 minutes, CD or DVD)
Have fun and make sure all entries relate to the theme: “Within Reach”
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact the PTA Reflections Chair at email@example.com.